One of the most preferred and frequented tourist destinations in India is the capital city of Maharashtra – Mumbai. As per the World Travel and Tourism Council, more than 4.5 million tourists from across the world, visit this city and discover its exotic places. There are several things to do in Mumbai, especially for those who are looking for some enjoyable time with their family and friends. This is the ‘city of dream’, promising a fulfilling life, plenty of opportunities and great entertainment throughout the year.
Explore The Magnificent Destinations in Mumbai:
There are many extravagant structures in the city built during the era of British dominance. The Chhatrapati Shivaji terminus is still frequented by people who understand the gothic beauty and spend moments in admiration of the architecture.
We had seen several stunning pictures of Mumbai Marine drive – our visit to the city started with a drive across this 3 kilometres long boulevard. This is C shaped and 6 lanes road, which runs along the Arabian Sea. As you drive through, you will notice several Art deco buildings which were mostly built during the 20th century. This necklace shaped boulevard is one of the posh areas of Mumbai and one of the most photographed places. You will find some of the most luxurious restaurants and hotels located here.
- Driving towards north, we reached the Chowpatty beach. We had a wonderful glimpse of Marine Drive from the beach. It simply resembled a brilliantly diamond dazzling necklace with all the street lights on. No wonder, this is often known as ‘Queen’s Necklace’. Spend an hour in the area and enjoy the scenic beauty and fresh air of this busy city.
There are several other places in the city, which you cannot afford to miss during your stay in the city.
- Gateway Of India – The best known landmark of the city. The Gateway of India brilliantly overlooks the sea. This is a beautiful 26 metres high archway, which displays extraordinary Indo-Saracenic architecture and a stunning view of the ocean.
- Haji Ali Dargah – For all those who are mesmerized by the architectural heritage of India, shouldn’t miss the Haji Ali Dargah. It spans an area of almost 5000 sq metres and has three structures. The Mughal style structure, a splendid marbled entrance and white minarets are certainly worth a sight. The best part is that to reach the Dargah, you need to walk a pathway amidst the Sea.
- Elephanta Caves – Several tourists come to Mumbai to soak into the rich history and centuries old structures. The Elephanta Caves draw thousands of tourists each year, especially for the history buffs. The seven caves with excavations and Brahmanical rock-cut architecture is one of the most admired structures of the city. To reach this place, you need to hire a ferry from the Gateway of India.
Mumbai is the city which has a lot on offer. Check out the rich architectural heritage of the city, or simply spend your time in the night clubs or pick souvenirs and gifts from some of the famous markets – you are never going to get bored, when you are in the city.
Hanging Gardens –
Situated on the western fringe of Malabar Hills, the Hanging gardens are lovely terraced gardens, which were established during 1880’s. This beautifully maintained garden has several animal shaped hedges, a flower clock and wonderfully laid pathways among other things. You will enjoy a wonderful view of the Sea from this spot. An interesting part of the garden is the Old Woman’s Shoe or the Boot House which is made from stone. Visit this well maintained garden with your family and friends – stroll along this garden and enjoy the ambience.
Some More Options:
- Heritage Walk – There are several heritage walks in the city. Tourists have the scope to appreciate the Naval Dockyard during one such heritage walk.
- Sanjay Gandhi National Park – For all the wild life lovers, this is a must visit place. This is the place to check out the flora and fauna.
- Live Music– For all the music and party lovers, there are several cafes and clubs to enjoy some of the most popular Western and Indian melodies. Dance to some of the most popular melodies of Bollywood, as you spend time in this city.
Lastly, do not miss out the sumptuous local cuisine of Mumbai! The city has lots to offer and welcomes tourists with great hospitality from all over the world.
For plumbing Nashville Tennessee residents rave about, call Nashville Plumbing, a top notch company.