You might have just a few hours or just a weekend to spend in Atlanta, you are never going to be bored. There are so many things to do in Atlanta – there are many family friendly opportunities, cultural destinations, outdoor adventure activities, excellent food scene and amazing shopping destinations. Your stay in Atlanta will be full of activities – explore the city and enjoy your stay.
There are several sightseeing opportunities in the city. You can start your trip by visiting the –
Piedmont Park – This is situated close to the Atlanta Botanical Garden and the best place to pinic with your family and friends. Just pack some of your favorite dishes and set off for the park. There are paths for jogging, biking and walking. For the sports lovers, there are specific areas for playing soccer and bocce.
Centennial Olympic Park – A perfect place where you can take your children along to spend some happy moments! This beautiful park is now the venue for many festivities. There are water shows held at regular intervals. Pools, fountains, grass paths and artwork are some major attractions of this park.
Stone Mountain Park – This Park is spread over an area of 3,200 acres. It includes a number of family friendly attractions. Tourists visit the place for its many hiking trails, golf courses, wildlife preserve and more. This is one of the most picturesque parks of the region, with several kid friendly amenities.
Atlanta Botanical Garden – One of the best spots to spend your day, especially for those who love plants! The garden is spread out over an area of 30 acres. It includes an edible garden, an outdoor kitchen, children’s park and more. Another attraction is the Fuqua Orchid Center which is the place where you can find some of the most unique orchids.
Besides these major attractions, plan a visit to the following places, as you spend your time in the city:
- Chattahoochee River – Spend a few hours on this river. The river area offers some of the best outdoor activities of the region. It is an opportunity to spend relaxed moments on the water, as you gaze through the wonderful terrain.
- Tour CNN Studios – You have watched CNN news on Television – now, you can watch how the new unfolds and that too Live. There are special CNN Studio tours, where you get to see every bit of the studio and understand how news is reported. You might even have the opportunity to meet some of your favorite CNN hosts.
- Delta Flight Museum – Those who love to soar the skies and learn everything about flights and planes, this is the place to visit. This museum has some of the rare planes of past eras. There is a guided tour where you can glide through the premises. Learn more about the technology and check the exhibits as you spend time in the museum.
- Mercedes Benz Stadium – Sports lovers paradise! Witness some of the most high energy concerts or enjoy the daily tours which are available.
- Krog Street Market – This is the place for food lovers or those in search of local delicacies. This is the place where you will find almost any food you crave for. Do not miss out the amazing beverage section which is the most popular among the tourists.
Visit Atlanta city and spend a memorable vacation!